- Advances in renewable chemicals;
- Production of high-added value organic compounds;
- New products from biomass: bio-based chemicals and polymers, bio-catalysts, additives; bioplastics, etc.;
- Production of organic fertilizers and compost;
- Nutrients cycles and recovery (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium).
BIOMASS CONVERSION TO BIO-BASED PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
6.1 Processes for bio-based chemicals and materials
6.2 Biorefinery platforms for bio-based chemicals and polymers
- Fuels and chemical building blocks from synthesis gas;
- Production of value added chemicals and macromolecules from lignin;
- Production of fine chemicals from sugar and oil platforms;
- Process development, maximising conversion efficiency;
- Technical and biological barriers and economic considerations.
6.3 Co-production of biofuels and biochemicals
- Combined production of fuels, chemicals and materials from biomass;
- Innovative processes integrating fuel production into bio-based refineries;
- Process integration;
- Co-production options and economics;
- Technical and economic assessments.