The aim of the student awards is to encourage high-quality work amongst young researchers.
The awards are bestowed, live, during the EUBCE 2023 closing session to select matriculated students who made significant contributions to remarkable biomass research.
The EUBCE Scientific Committee may nominate up to 6 awardees, for each conference topic.
How to submit?
To apply for a EUBCE 2023 Student Award, follow the standard application process through the online portal (https://ssl.conference-biomass.com), and also make sure to conclude the following steps before the submission deadline of 18 November 2022:
● Check the box specifying your desire to be considered for the Student Award;
● Upload at least one letter of recommendation that:
(1) states the name of the applicant,
(2) specifies the institution where the research was supervised,
(3) confirms that the applicant is an officially matriculated student at this institution on November 18th, 2022, and
(4) includes a one A4 page outlining how the research will make an outstanding contribution to the discipline and what the specific contribution of the applicant has been.
The recommendation and its content must come from the student’s supervisor or head of department.
Dr. Nicolae Scarlat
European Commission, Joint Research Centre
EUBCE Technical Programme Chair
Student Awards Coordinator
EUBCE 2022 |
Student Awardee Presentations
Lund University, Environmental and Energy Systems, SWEDEN
Brazilian Biorenewables National Laboratory, Biorefineries and Natural Resources, BRAZIL