1 – CONTENT AND FORMAT OF YOUR ABSTRACT
The abstract should contain new scientific work that has not been presented in another conference. Authors are invited to carefully read the topic descriptions and select the topic and subtopic which most closely matches the key novelty of their work.
- The total length should not be more than four A4 pages.
- The abstract written in English should include short sections addressing:
- Aim and approach used
- Scientific innovation and relevance
- Results or pleminary results and conclusions
This information provides the basis for the review and programme selection process, so please make sure to address all three aspects.
- Authors also need to provide:
- Applicable topic number and sub-topic number (e.g. 1.1)
- Full paper title
- Full name, affiliation, address, e-mail and phone of one author for all correspondence
- For all other co-authors, full name, affiliation, phone/e-mail
Industry-oriented abstracts must include at least one co-author from industry.
2 – HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- Use the Online Abstract Submission tool in the User Area.
- The correct subtopic (please see the Conference Topics) must be indicated in the abstract to ensure a correct scoring. The abstract content must be related to the subtopic chosen. See list of Conference Topics.
- Upload your abstract in PDF format. Please make sure that your abstract *.pdf is not password protected.
- The person logged in the User Area is automatically set as corresponding author (contact person) for the abstract submission.
- You will receive an automatic email notification after successful abstract submission. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours of submission, please contact us by email (email@example.com) to check the status of your submission.
- Modifications of your abstract submission and replacement of you abstract document in the online system are possible at any time until the submission deadline. Please avoid double submissions.
- If you would like to withdraw your abstract after the submission deadline, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 – HOW IS MY ABSTRACT EVALUATED?
STEP 1: ABSTRACT REVIEW PROCESS AND NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
The International Programme Committee, composed by made up of 150 leading experts from the global Biomass community, will review all abstracts that have been submitted on time and in the correct format and suggest contributions for plenary, oral, visual presentation.
The main selection criteria are:
- in line with the selected subtopic
- relevance for other groups active in biomass
- clearly understandable and direct to the point
advancement in terms of progress and novelty
scientific quality as well as the probability of a good presentation at the conference
If positively evaluated by the Scientific and Industry Committees, the abstract will be selected for Plenary, Oral or Visual/poster presentation. Plenary and Oral presentations are reserved for contributions covering a wider scope which are of interest to a broader audience and address the progress and novelties within the topic. Visual/poster presentations are mostly dedicated to issues of interest for specialists in a particular field.
Corresponding authors will be notified of the outcome of their abstract’s submission by end of December 2019
20 minutes speaking slot with Power Point
15 minute speaking slot with PowerPoint
Presentation through poster displayed during 4 days (Monday – Thursday) of the Conference. During Visual presentation sessions, authors of posters are requested to be present at their posters at the time indicated in the Conference Programme. Each visual session will be guided by chairpersons who will gather the audience from poster to poster, and invite the authors to summarise specific achievements (3 min).
This will give all delegates the opportunity for direct interaction, questions and discussion.
STEP 2: PRESENTATION OF MANUSCRIPTS
After the notification of authors, the Notes for Authors and Instructions for Preparation of manuscript will be available online. These documents contain important information on how to prepare your presentation and your manuscript to be included in the Conference Proceedings.
4 – IMPORTANT KEYDATES
5 November 2019
Deadline for submission of abstracts
November / December 2019
Abstracts review and evaluation by the International Programme Committee
End of December 2019
Notification of authors
From April 2020
Online submission of manuscript for the Conference Proceedings
5 – REGISTRATION OF PRESENTERS
Presenters and authors have to register for the Conference and to pay the respective conference registration fee, and are entitled to a non-transferable registration discount.
Please note that acceptance of your abstract for presentation in the Conference Programme, does not automatically register you for the Conference.
Detailed information will be given together with the notification letter