During Friday 18 May 2018, a limited number of conference attendees will receive the opportunity to visit NGF Holsted Biogas Plant.
Experience one of the largest and most advanced biogas plants in Europe owned and operated by Nature Energy. The plant is converting 400.000 t of biomass into 13 million m3 of pure methane for injection into the extensive Danish gas grid. The flexibility of the plant is unique, thus it is capable of handling slurry, deep bedding, food waste and other industrial biomasses and the digestate is spread on the farming fields around the plant. The plant is operated fully automatic and is only manned during daytime.
- Digesters: 4×7.000 m3 bolted steel tanks + 1×4500 m3 concrete tank
- Biomass: 400.000 t/y; Slurry, deep bedding, food waste, energy crops and other industrial fractions
- Gas production: 13 million m3/y
- Upgrading technology: Water scrubber
Read more at www.natureenergy.dk.
The tour will enable conference participants to experience and learn about a power facility where biomass is the key renewable feedstock in the production of renewable energy, biofuels, biochemicals and biomaterials.
Thursday, 17th May
- 17.00 – The tour will start after the EUBCE Conference. Buses will leave from Bella Centre
- 19.30 – Arrival at Hotel Comwell in Kolding
- 20.30 – Dinner and state of the art presentation of the biogas developments in Denmark by Jens Bo Holm-Nielsen, Aalborg University, Department of Energy Technology
Friday, 18th May
- 08:15 – Bus will leave from the hotel to NGF Holsted
- 08:45 – 12:30 Technical tour at the site
After the visit participants will find two transfer bus for Billund Airport and Copenhagen Airport.
Estimated arrival time at the airports:
- Billund Airport: 13:30 h
- Copenhagen Airport: 16:30 h
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The price for the tour is EUR 250,00 (including travel, accommodation, dinner and packed lunch).
Spaces are limited and will be allocated to EUBCE participants on a first come – first served basis.
For information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org