Student Awards 2017
Jean-Francois Dallemand, DG-JRC
Student Awards 2016 Coordinator
Following the success of previous years and to encourage high-quality work among young researchers, the EUBCE Students Awards will be delivered in recognition of the most remarkable and outstanding research work in the field of Biomass on the occasion of EUBCE 2017.
The applications will be reviewed and scored by the International Scientific and Industry Committee, made up of leading research and industry experts from the global Biomass Community.
The prizes will be awarded during the Conference Closing Session on Thursday 15 June 2017.
How to apply
In order to apply for the EUBCE Student Awards applicants must:
- submit an extended abstract (one page abstract plus a maximum of 3 explanatory pages) to the 25th EUBCE via the Online Abstract Submission Form of this website by 31 October 2016
- be officially matriculated students, including PhD students, by June 2017
- be within the age limit of 30 years old for students
- be within the age limit of 35 years old for PhD students
- Add a letter of recommendation by a student's supervisor(s) or head of department stating the name of the applicant and the institution where the research work is supervised, confirming that the applicant is an officially matriculated student. Recommendations should include a report of up to one A4 page that outlines how the research work will make an outstanding contribution to the discipline and what the specific contribution of the applicant is.
- Send the short curriculum vitae with the date of birth of the applicant to biomass.conference(at)etaflorence.it.
EUBCE 2016 STUDENT AWARDS WINNERS
Assessing Resource Efficiency Gains And Ghg Emission Reductions Of Cascading In The Wood Sector
Anna Liza BAIS, Alpen-Adria University, Institute of Social Ecology, AUSTRIA
Co-authors: M. Vis, P. Reumerman, BTG Biomass Technology Group, Enschede, The Netherlands; R. Sikkema, European Commission, DG JRC, Ispra, Italy
Modelling Wood Pellet Trade Based on Monthly Trade Flow Statistics and Expert Interviews
Fabian SCHIPFER, Vienna University of Technology, Energy Economics Group, AUSTRIA
Co-author: L. Kranzl, Technische Universität Wien, Austria
Production and Economic Evaluation of Food-Grade Glucose Solution from Rice Straws
Chih-Heng WANG, National Taiwan University, Chemical Engineering Dpt., TAIWAN
Co-authors: W.H. Chen, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Taoyuan, Taiwan; J.T. Lai, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan; C.C. Hsu, B.Z. Wan, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Supercritical Water Gasification of Biomass: First Results and Experiences Obtained From the TU Delft/Gensos Semi-Pilot Scale Setup
Onursal YAKABOYLU, TU Delft, Process and Energy Dpt., THE NETHERLANDS
Co-authors: I. Albrect, W. de Jong, TU Delft, The Netherlands; J. Harinck, G. Smit, Gensos B.V., Delft, The Netherlands