Helpful Hints for Abstract Submission
Important Key Dates
|6 November 2017||Deadline for submission of abstracts|
|November-December 2017|| |
Abstract Review and evaluation by the Programme Committee
|December 2017||Notification Letter to Correspondig Authors|
|From April 2018||Online submission of manuscript for the Conference Proceedings|
1. Abstract submission
If you wish to submit a late abstract or if you have an enquiry concerning abstract submission for EUBCE 2018, please contact us at papers(at)etaflorence.it
Extended abstracts shall be written in English and must include a summary (approx. 1,200 characters) followed by short sections addressing:
- the purpose of the work and approach
- the scientific innovation and relevance
- the (preliminary) results and conclusions
The total length should not be more than four A4 pages.
Authors also need to provide:
- Applicable topic (1 to 5) and sub-topic number (e.g. 1.2)
- Full paper title
- Full name, affiliation, address, phone/e-mail of one author for all correspondence
- For all other authors, full name, affiliation and e-mail
Industry-oriented abstracts must include at least 1 Industry co-author.
Only extended abstracts complying with the above requirements can be considered. The abstract should not exceed one page (size A4, 210 x 297 mm) in pdf file.
In addition, authors may add up to 3 explanatory pages (as pdf file).
To submit late abstract/s please contact us at papers(at)etaflorence.it
Therefore please log-in as the person wishing to be the contact person. Please also make sure that your abstract *.pdf file is not password protected.
Each abstract will be reviewed by at least three independent experts from the international biomass research and industry community.
Accepted papers will be presented orally in either plenary, oral and poster sessions. Authors will be notified of the decision of the Programme Committee in December 2017.
For any questions concerning abstract submission please contact:
- Citability of Papers: All submitted final papers of plenary, oral and poster presentations will be published online and coded by a digital identifier (DOI code) provided by the German National Library of Science and Technology. This guarantees an unequivocal and permanent identification and citability of all papers of the EUBCE Conference Proceedings.
- Peer Review: A selected number of the highest scored abstracts will be invited to be peer reviewed and published by the renowned scientific journal Biomass & Bioenergy visit the website.
- The Conference Proceedings will be indexed by SCOPUS.
- EUBCE Student Awards: The annual EUBCE Student Awards have been established in 2011 to encourage high-quality work amongst young researchers. All matriculated students may apply with their submitted abstract. The awards will be granted in recognition of the most remarkable and outstanding research work in the field of Biomass. For more information about the application procedure please visit the website.
2. How is your abstract evaluated?
STEP 1: ABSTRACT REVIEW PROCESS AND NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
The Scientific and the Industry Committees will review all abstracts that have been submitted on time and in the correct format. Paper Reviewers can recommend abstracts for plenary, oral or visual presentation or otherwise reject abstracts which do not possess the quality required for presentation or are not relevant to the topics of the conference.
Abstracts are reviewed on a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being very poor and 10 being excellent.
The three selection criteria are:
Advancement in terms of progress and novelty
Scientific quality as well as the probability of a good presentation at the conference
The plenary and the oral presentations are reserved for contributions covering a wider scope which are of interest to a broader audience and address the progress and novelties within the topic. Visual presentations (posters) are mostly dedicated to issues of interest for specialists in a particular field.
The reviewed abstracts, together with the recommendations of reviewers and any additional comments are made available to the Topic Organisers. The TO’s will prepare session proposals, identifying the abstracts they wish to include in their session.
The final decision regarding each abstract will be discussed in a meeting of Topic Organisers in December 2017.
Corresponding authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission by email through the address biomass.conference(at)etaflorence.it.
Save this address in your email address book to make sure you receive our messages. And as an added measure, please make sure to check your spam folder for email notifications regarding abstract review results!
3. Registration of presenters
A registration fee is associated with the EUBCE so please note that acceptance of your abstract into the conference programme, whether as plenary, oral or as visual presentation does not automatically register yourself in the conference.
The presenting authors (the presenter) must register and pay the conference fee within one month of their receipt of the notification letter to guarantee their place in the conference programme. The presenter is entitled to a non-transferable registration discount within this one-month period.
Detailed information will be given together with the notification letter.